MICHAEL KHORS RESORT 2011

In designing his Resort 2011 line, Mr. Resort style himself, Michael Khors made the suggestion that it be re-named "destination" stating in an interview: “It’s the only time of year you think about your life and where you’re going”. Though I can't say I agree with Sir Khors, as I find myself daydreaming about Bali and Australia and hunting down decent flight prices for the fall, I see his point in making a resort line  more versatile one, as not every jet-setter prefers St. Barts over Aspen.
At the end of the day, the line he has released certainly backs up his bold little motion. He designed a his "Destination" line, of casual, slouchy clothes for the mountain lioness, city girl, and beach bunny. Not my favourite overall line, but it certainly has some highlights in the form of soft, organic cashmere cardigans and boxy sweaters, as well as slouchy sweat pants which are perfect for a long flight, but still fit for a country club lunch.

Khors has just accepted the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award Monday evening at the
2010 Council of Fashion Designers of America Fashion Awards. Yeayyyyy Michael :)

No comments:

Post a Comment