RALPH LAUREN'S URBAN COWBOY CHANNELING ANNIE HALL

I think we all said: "ohh-la-la" to Ralph Lauren's Urban Cowboy themed show in New York yesterday, however, why was "la-di-da"  resonating in my lil' head's amphitheater?
I must say, I saw a young Diane Keaton and her lovely character, ANNIE HALL shining through the looks. From the neckties and flowwwing coats and sweaters, to the Derby and delicious Pork Pie hats, Annie Hall's spirit of style prevailed.

While the showing was absolutely stunning, there were a few design  elements that have been described as: "...heavy-handed...", costumy, and over-the-top Western. And while costumey belts and a suede jacket that might go down as the peacocking braggart of fringed, suede items of this decade were all present at roll call, I am a full-on supporter of grocery store runs in TOP HATS and pink wigs - so I am certainly not in the complaining club. I found the show to be beautiful, wearable, and very in touch with what WOMEN want. Therefore I sayyyyyy:


 
BRAVO SIR LAUREN!




Listening to: the quote that's stuck in my heead: "I just don't want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member..."
Gnashing on: a Hello Kitty cupcake my nieces made me
Sipping on: Water

1 comment:

  1. Whooooo.... hadn't seen that collection yet. I like! Sort of reminds me of the new Dolce.

    ReplyDelete